Deconstructed Sushi salad bowl is one of my favourite lunches to take to work. You get all the deliciousness of sushi, but dilute the heaviness of Sushi rice with some healthy, crunchy lettuce and Chinese cabbage.
- 100g prepared Sushi rice
- 1 carrot ‘peeled’ into thin strips
- 1/2 cucumber ‘peeled’ into thin strips
- 1 handful of thinly cut Chinese cabbage
- 2 sheets nori cut into thin strips
- 1 piece of tuna or salmon (seared) or chicken strips (fried)
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp pickled ginger
- spring onions (green parts only)
- For the dressing:
- 2 tsp wasabi paste
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
If you follow the Low FODMAP diet, then you could also add 1/4 avocado or 2 tbsp peas for texture. I left it out here, because I haven’t tested my own tolerance levels yet.
Prepare the rice according to the instructions here.
Thinly cut carrots, cucumber, Chinese cabbage and nori. I use a peeler for the carrot and cucumber. Combine the cooled rice with all the ingredients.
Whisk the dressing ingredients together. Just before you dig into this delicious lunch, add the dressing to the salad. Enjoy!