Compared to the bready banana bread recipe elsewhere on Growing Up and Liking It, this is a a light, cake-like and extremely moorish version. As you can tell by the featured image, even though this banana bread is certainly satisfying by itself, I couldn’t help but top it with cream cheese and a hazelnut-chocolate spread to make it extra delicious. I blame it on the breastfeeding-induced chocolate craze.
- 5 very ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 330g almond meal
- 110g of gf flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 4 large eggs
- 250 ml maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180°C and grease a loaf pan or prepare muffin tins.
- Mash the bananas, add eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Mix the dry ingredients together before adding it to the wet mix.
- Pour batter in your prepared pan or tins
- If you choose to make a loaf, bake for 45-55min. If you choose to make muffins, bake for 28-32 min.
- Let cool.
It’s a moist banana bread and will keep in the fridge. You can also freeze the muffins or bread.