Baby Lemons isn’t big on porridge at the moment, but I’d like him to have some oats in the morning… just because. He does love bananas and could happily devour a whole one in one sitting. So I made him some oat-banana-blueberry muffins. I skipped the dairy, gluten and sugar though; dairy and gluten so I could eat them if he doesn’t like them and sugar because the fruit gives it enough sweetness for anyone, especially babies. They are delicious!
- 170g gluten-free self-raising flour
- 15g gluten-free oats
- 60ml dairy-free milk, e.g. almond milk
- 2 tbsp Greek yoghurt or a dairy-free alternative
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 30ml vegetable oil
- 75g blueberries, whole
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Mix flour, oats, egg, milk, yoghurt and bananas together either by hand or with your kitchen equipment of choice.
- Fold the blueberries under so they don’t get too mashed.
- I use silicone muffin moulds. It’s less waste and comes out easily. But you might want to use a muffin tin or paper cases (e.g. for an occasion). Fill 3/4 to the rim and bake for 15-20min.