- 150 g quinoa flour
- 100 g gluten-free brown bread flour
- 1 tsp yeast
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 10g psyllium husk
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 150ml carbonated water
- some gluten-free flour for shaping
- Mix all dry ingredients together and in your kitchen mixer (I use my KitchenAid) or with sheer elbow grease mix the water and vinegar into the dry mixture.
- Set aside for an hour to proof. A plastic container is ideal for gluten-free doughs, avoid metal bowls.
- Shape into bread rolls (whatever shape you want) and set aside for another hour. Lightly cover with a kitchen towel and pick a warm spot so your buns are all cosy and comfy.
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Bake the bread rolls (ideally on a bread baking tray, i.e. with small holes) for 20-25 minutes. Check them for colour after 20 minutes and knock against the bottom. If it sounds hollow, they’re done. If not, leave them in the oven for a bit longer.