- 1kg brisket
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused vegetable oil
- 6 sprigs thyme and rosemary
- 3 spring onions, green parts only
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stock cube (Sainsbury’s chicken ones are Low FODMAP)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 750ml red wine
- Handful of carrots, quarters
- Pre-heat oven to 180C. Heat oil in a large oven-proof pot.
- Season the meat with with salt and pepper. Brown the brisket off in the hot oil and transfer to a plate. Remove the fat from the pot (we used it for our roast potatoes afterwards).
- Add spring onions, herbs, tomatoes, tomato paste, stock and wine in the pot and season with salt and pepper. Add the brisket back into the pot.
- Now cover the pot and put it in the oven for braising for 4 hours. Spoon the juices over the brisket every half an hour until the meat falls apart.
- Add the carrots around the brisket and leave in the oven for another 30 minutes uncovered. The brisket will brown, the sauce thicken and the carrots cook.
- Serve with roast potatoes and steamed Low FODMAP-friendly vegetables, e.g. green beans and broccoli.