It’s a decadent treat and an oh-so-delicious one: Pâté. Many pâtés contain onion, all contain cream. If lactose ain’t your thing, you can easily whip up a Low FODMAP-friendly version – seriously, it only takes a few minutes.
I’ve been enjoying my pâté over Christmas with gluten-free oat crackers and on my homemade no-knead bread with a side of gherkins. So good!
- 200g liver, rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- 40g unsalted butter
- 40ml lactose-free cream
- 1tsp garlic-infused oil and 1tsp olive oil
- 2-3 bay leaves, finely chopped
- 1tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Melt the butter with the oils in a small saucepan.
- Add the sage and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the liver and cook until just browned (we’re looking for browning, not cooking).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the pepper and cream.
- Puree with a food processor or hand blender until smooth (or your preferred consistency).
- Pour into ramekins, cover and refrigerate until set.