If you are a breakfast lover or loather, if you like to take your time in the morning to enjoy an elaborate meal or rush out of the door, a smoothie is a great way to get your daily vitamin boost – even on the go. I’m pretty frugal, so for me, a smoothie is also a great way to use up the odd fruit or vegetable in our fridge. Plus, they are pretty delicious.
By the way, as it’s January, you’ll find offers and adverts for Smoothie makers everywhere you look. It doesn’t take a super snazzy bullet of sorts for you to make something truly delicious and nutritious – a hand blender does the job just fine.
- a handful of spinach
- 1/4 cucumber
- 1/2 celery stalk
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 tsp goji juice powder OR1/2 tsp matcha green tea powder (optional)
- 1 kiwi OR handful of pineapple chunks OR segments of 1 orange OR other fruit you tolerate
- 100ml almond milk or another plant-based milk (add more if you like them more liquid)
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- Cut up the bigger ingredients into smaller chunks, e.g. banana and celery stalk
- Add ingredients all together into some sort of vessel (I use the Northerner’s protein shaker)
- Blend until smooth. Add more milk if wanted.
If you are a smoothie person like me, what do you usually use to create delicious vitamin boosters?